Thursday 9 October 2014

Thumbprint Identity

                                              [The Thumbprint That Looks Like a Foot]        


In CyberARTS, our assignment was to to fill in a piece of paper with half-sentences; for example: I dream, I love, I see...And we would write a full sentence response. Then we took an ink pad, and pressed our thumb on it and printed it on a piece of paper. Our teacher then enlarged our thumbprint. Then we would get a piece of tracing paper, and trace over the lines of our enlarged thumb. After that, we took a permanent marker and wrote our sentences onto a piece of overhead plastic. Then we made a a watercolour background.

This is my thumbprint. I am a person who needs to include music into everything i do. And in this assignment, I have. When I say "Billie-Joe Armstrong", I'm talking about the front man of punk-rock band, Green Day. This has personal meaning for me because he is my favorite person in the whole world, he is my inspiration for everything I do, and I must include him in everything.
Close to the end of my thumbprint, I mention "Blink-182 sing about Warped Tour". I used that as a symbol because Blink-182 is another awesome punk rock band, who sing a song about a summer music festival that I have always wanted to go to.

I'm also a person who strongly believes that no one is Normal. It's a thing always makes me angry. I'm interested in this topic because everyone is different; no one is "Normal". I believe that "Normal" doesn't exist. I'm trying to communicate the message that everyone is unique and different, and can like and love and share and listen to whatever they want, without being judged by other people.

For the watercolour background, i chose blue. I chose blue because it's my favorite colour, and I find it very soothing and calming.

No comments:

Post a Comment