Monday 15 June 2015

Kinetic Typography Video Write-Up


This typography video is called "Ogres are like Onions". The audio is from the first Shrek movie. It is taken from the scene where Shrek and Donkey are going through the sunflower fields to see Lord Farquaad, and Shrek is telling Donkey about how ogres have layers. I made this video in a program called After Effects and edited the audio from Garage Band.
The thing I like about the final product is that I some-what figured out how the program worked. On reflection, I would probably change the program to one that would be easier to use, so that way I could finish it. My design choices were simple. I tried to find the Shrek fonts online, but they had things wrong with them, so I found a font in After Effects instead that looked like the font from the fairytale book from the beginning of the movie. I'm not completely sure what I did to get the final product to be honest, I just did it. But to get what I have, I asked my friend Hannah for alot of help and I also watched alot of tutorials on YouTube for what to do.
The challenges that I had with this video would be trying to understand the way to animate the words and import/export the audio. The solutions that were successful were when i figured out how to get the blue background and figuring out how to make a few words move. (I needed help to get the other ones to move.)

The Video is above. (I apologize for the in completion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment