Friday 12 June 2015

Culminating Poster

In CyberARTS, each of us had to make a poster for an event for our culminating.


My Creation Process: First, I started researching cool ways to make a poster online. After that, I decided to goof around and see what I could do. When I thought about the assignment, the poster was for a digital arts showcase. When I thought "digital", I automatically thought "cameras and computers". My teacher said that we could use pictures from the internet, but we had to edit them, so they didn't look like the original. So after thinking, I took a picture of a camera from Google and put it into Photoshop. After that, I looked through the Filter Gallery and saw the Style folder thing and saw the "Glowing Edges" effect. I clicked on that and the camera instantly went black and the white on the camera had a neon glow-like effect. 
I was then finished with the camera and I opened a new project. After that, I started to work on the background of the poster. I chose blue because it has a soothing feeling to it and it looks good with black. The plain blue looked boring, so i looked for a cool effect to use. I went to the top bar and clicked on "Filters". I saw a "Tile" effect and I clicked on it. It made my background look like tiles :). I liked the tile effect, but I wanted it to look more digital in a way; so I went back to Filters and clicked "Liquify". I then started to liquify the tiles and making the white lines look like an I.V. 
The font is what i worked on after. I used the Poplar Std font. It makes the name of the event and the other important details stand out. 
The computer I also got from Google. I used the "Eraser"  filter to delete the "Apple" symbol. I then also put some "Noise" on the computer to give it that digital look. 
The Gradient on top was the last thing I did. I clicked on the "Gradient" tool on the left side bar and selected the first one. I picked a dark blue and made the gradient. The blue then blended in with the background. 
I feel that the images I chose work with the event and what it's about. They are both digital.




No comments:

Post a Comment