Wednesday 20 January 2016

Culminating poster Reflection


a) The design I used for the poster was a sad, "emo" looking one. I used a plain black background with a white tree to symbolize the dark, sad and angry emotion that is in the music video. This is an effective promotional piece for the band because Let it Die is a popular Three Days Grace song and it will catch the attention of teens who like their music. The poster will also catch people's attention because it has a very deep, emotional feel which will make people wonder "why does this look so sad?" or "I like this. This totally shows the emotion in the song".

b) The symbolism in the music video would be the anger and the love. I recently read an article Click Here! about Adam Gontier (The frontman for TDG at the time) and how he was in rehab for the majority of 2013, (but was dealing with drugs way before then) and while he was in rehab and going through his drug addiction and surviving his "need" to die and commit suicide, he was writing songs. Those songs that are on the One X album are about his drug addiction. For example, Animal I Have Become is about how Adam realized that he needed some serious help with his addiction to OxiContin. Let it Die, is about how he made big, horrible mistakes in his life and how they almost pushed him over the edge. But again, those mistakes are his drug addiction and how it was tearing his family apart.

c) I have around 20 steps. They consisted of picking a black background, and going online to pick a tree image I wanted. Then I put a white filter on the tree and made it transparent. After that, i put a fading gradient on the band to fade them behind the tree. I then downloaded a font that I thought had an edgy feel for the release date. For The Three Days Grace and the One X parts, I found the title image and cropped it in Photoshop.

d) I really liked how the finished result. I do think that I could've added more, but since the deadline was tight, I did what I could. I do, really like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment