Monday 15 June 2015

Digital Self Portrait Painting




For CyberARTS, I had to design a self portrait of myself in photoshop using one of the at styles we covered in class. I chose Colour Field. 


And this is the recreated version on canvas.  The composition is exactly the same because before I painted,  I opened the photoshop document and traced it onto the canvas. 
Comparing the two, I think the canvas looks almost the same. The composition is the same; but the difference wold be the colours. the shades of the pink, light blue, dark blue and green are just a bit different because it was hard to mix the exact colours. Although, I think the dark blue is pretty close. At the beginning of the painting process, I had to paint it in black and white. The only catch was that we weren't allowed to use store-bought black paint. We had to mix our own. Mixing my own black was difficult, because i had to mix the right amount of dark blue and add the right amount of yellow to darken it. That was one of the hardest parts of the assignment. 
The other hardest part was putting the tape down straightly to paint the three stripes. Putting the tape down was hard, but I got it. 
I had a slight problem with the actual image in photoshop, where the image got distorted, and since i traced that image onto the canvas, the painting looks a bit distorted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment